Will Brown was a 41 year old Black Man on his way home from work when police arrested him on rape charges. A white woman was raped in town and they wanted to pin it on the first Black Man in sight. Soon after his arrest, a white mob gathered outside the jail he was staying in. They demanded the officers give up Mr. Brown to them. The officers agreed but wanted the mob to wait a little longer but they refused. They stormed the courthouse and set it on fire, hoping the flames would make William give up his location. It didn’t and the courthouse was completely in flames. This didn’t stop the white crowd however. They still wanted to “kill a nigger” and ran into the burning building. William had managed to get free and ran to the roof of the jail. At the top, he encountered a group of white prisoners who had also gotten free. They beat Mr. Brown relentlessly and attempted to throw him off the roof before one of them told them to stop. They then handed Mr. Brown over to the crowd. In the next 5 minutes, Will Brown would be tortured beyond belief. They would cut out his eyes and hang him by the neck from a tree. As he hung from the tree with blood spilling down his body, the mob shot him over 100 times. They then cut him down and tied him to the back of a car. After dragging him throughout town, they stopped the car in the middle of a cheering crowd. To finish it off, the crowd of 700 White men, Women, and Children cheered as they set him on fire. Pieces of the rope used to kill Brown were sold for 10 cents each…………. White people ran into a burning building in order to kill an innocent Black man. This is Real White History.
Written By @KingKwajo
Harassment during a civil rights sit-in at the Cherrydale Drug Fair in Arlington, VA June 10, 1960 -
this is what I see when I see white kids dress up like pinup girls and greasers
these are the white grandpas of today
Which is why I don’t respect any of them
"Racism is one of the most sick and twisted manifestations of White/European people’s oppression, exploitation and domination of humanity…although not all White/European people are racist, they benefit from it in one way or another and knowingly allow racism to exist…its reach is international in scope and transcends economic, political, social and spiritual belief systems…it is an evil and violent social construct used to justify White/European people’s crimes against humanity and to breed inferiority, fear and disunity among Black, Brown, Red and Yellow people…It has been the cause of untold pain and suffering to People of Color around the world…it is the single greatest problem humanity faces today…if we are ever to rise as the HUMAN RACE every one of us must defeat racism in all its shapes and forms (individual, institutional and cultural)…the struggle to end racism must be a collective one that begins in our hearts and minds…we must rise above our dependency on White/European systems and societies and connect with the creator and each other…our struggle against racism will be measured by how we think, feel and act towards ourselves, our marriages, our families and our communities in Africa and around the world…independent of White/European ideas, values, morals and paradigms."
The doll experiment involved a child being presented with two dolls completely identical except for the skin and hair color. The child was then asked questions inquiring as to which one is the doll they would play with, which one is the nice doll, which one looks bad, which one has the nicer color, etc. The experiment showed a clear preference for the white doll among all children in the study. These findings exposed internalized racism in African-American children.
I don’t have a reference yet, but it sounds like their corporate model.
Sam’s Club and Walmart donated [allegedly] $10,000 to Darren Wilson’s fund.
Anybody else have a reference?
-______- Like they weren’t shit already for the way they treat overseas workers…but hey let’s just add on to that, Wally World and Sam’s.
Stopped immediately after the bull shit went down. Shame on you if you’re still spending your hard earned $$$ there.
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BLACK TULSA? IF NOT… WHY NOT?
This horrific incident has been well documented, everywhere: from YouTube videos of survivor interviews to PBS Lesson Plans for school teachers. Please do your Google diligence:
- From May 30 to June 1, 1921, white citizens of Tulsa bombed burned and shot up the “Little Africa” section of Tulsa FOR 18 HOURS STRAIGHT
- Why would they do that? That same old lame excuse, a Black man supposedly did something to a white woman. But the real reason was ECONOMIC JEALOUSY. Whites may have called it Little Africa derisively, but there is a reason that Black Tulsa is known as Black Wall Street
- In addition to the 300 Blacks killed, and over 1,000 residential homes burned to the ground, also destroyed were:
- The Mt. Zion Baptist Church and five other churches; the Gurley Hotel, Red Wing Hotel, and Midway Hotel; the Tulsa Star and Oklahoma Sun newspaper offices; Dunbar Elementary School; Osborne Monroe’s Roller-Skating Rink; the East End Feed Store; the Y.M.C.A. Cleaners; the Dreamland Theater; a drug store, barbershop, banquet hall, several grocery stores, dentists, lawyers, doctors, and realtors offices; a U.S. Post Office Substation, as well the all-black Frissell Memorial Hospital. All told, marauding gangs of savage whites destroyed 40-square-blocks of Black economic and entrepreneurial prosperity!
64 years after the first bombing of an American city was committed against the Black residents of Tulsa… the second bombing of an American city took place in Philadelphia when the city bombed the black members of the MOVE organization. (see the blackourstory archive for details).
Isn’t it a shame that 76 after the bombing of Tulsa, when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Federal Office Building in Oklahoma City, most historically illiterate Americans - including American “journalists” - responded as if it were the first time such a horror had been visited on Oklahoma. If only we knew.
While there are many lessons to be drawn from this, a few questions that stick out to me are these:
- If the answer to Black second-class treatment from whites in America is supposedly to become the ultimate American capitalists…the ‘model minorities’… how do you explain Tulsa 1921?
- For those Black folk who think that the sole answer to Black people’s problems is simply more Blacks becoming business owners and more Blacks spending money with other Blacks… how did that work out for our people in Tulsa in ‘21?
- Considering not only Tulsa, but Rosewood, Florida, and many other thriving all-Black towns that you may know of that all met the same fate at the hands of murderous, envious, lazy crackers… WHEN ARE WE GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND TAKE SERIOUSLY THE IDEA THAT BLACK WEALTH (ESPECIALLY ALL-BLACK WEALTH) WILL NEED TO BE PROTECTED WITH PHYSICAL FORCE?
There is a reason that Marcus Garvey AND Elijah Muhammad had armies of trained Black men as a huge part of their organizations. Many of us Black folk took those great men as jokes, yet NO BLACK LEADERS SINCE THOSE TWO have reached the same heights of economic and ideological success and unity of Black people.
Not only do we need to LEARN THIS HISTORY, we need to start taking these events men and movements MORE SERIOUSLY, and doing some CRITICAL HISTORICAL ANALYSIS if we are ever to stop being on the bottom rung of every metric in American life. Not just some casual or accidental reading of history; some CRITICAL. HISTORICAL. ANALYSIS.
TULSA 1921 was real. PHILLY 1985 was real. Will it happen again?